AGENDA – Annual Parish Council 12th May 2022
Uploaded on May 6, 2022
To: ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING OF CASTOR PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD in the Cedar Centre on Thursday 12th May 2022 at 7.30PM FOR THE PURPOSE OF TRANSACTING THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS:
JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 5th May, 2022
Please note that the Annual Parish Meeting will be held at 7.15 pm immediately before this meeting of the parish council. In the unlikely event that the parish meeting extends beyond 15 minutes this meeting will be delayed to permit the Annual Parish meeting to Properly conclude all business of that meeting.
(Click on underlined hyperlinks to view background papers)
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN of the Parish Council for the forthcoming year
- DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE –To receive the chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office (or if not then received to decide when it shall be received)
- DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE TO RECEIVE THE ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE FORMS FROM ALL COUNCILLORS ELECTED IN THE UNCONTESTED ELECTION (to be signed in the presence of the Clerk to the parish council)
- ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN of the Parish Council for the forthcoming year
- Co-Option to Vacancy – To note that the uncontested election resulted in a vacancy and that William Baxter is available for Co-Option
- apologies for absence – To note attendance and receive apologies for absence.
- declarations of interest on items on this agenda and approve dispensations to members (If appropriate).
- Minutes of the previous meeting – To Consider a resolution to approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 7th April, 2022.
- Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meetings (if Any) (Information Only).
- PUBLIC FORUM – Opportunity for public questions or presentations to the council
|MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE MEETING OR ADDRESS THE PARISH COUNCIL ARE ADVISED TO NOTIFY THE CLERK IN ADVANCE (Preferably before mid-day of the day of the meeting) in order that appropriate facilities are made available:
Public participation is limited to items that appear on the agenda OR to request an item for a future agenda. Unless directed by the chairman, public participation shall be limited to 15 minutes with each person speaking for no longer than 5 minutes.
Parish council meetings are not public meetings they are meetings held in public – public participation is restricted to the public forum
REVIEW OF POLICIES & CODES OF PRACTICE– approval to policies as they exist and to agree how, when & by whom they should be reviewed
GDPR requirements eg privacy statement
Employment policies and procedures
Data protection policies
- REVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND REPRESENTATION ON, OR WORK WITH, EXTERNAL BODIES (previous allocations in brackets)
Land and tree matters: (Neil Boyce and William Baxter)
Neighbourhood Planning: (Fiona Rowlands, John Howard and David Shaw)
Parish Liaison: (Neil Boyce and the clerk) incl. PCC Scrutiny (Neil Boyce)
Allotments: (Neil Boyce)
School Liaison & Children & Young People: (John Howard and Jane Greene)
Village Hall: (Richard Anker)
Northey & Wright Charity: (William Baxter)
Police Matters: (Richard Anker)
Caspra: (Neil Boyce)
Council & church cohesion: (Neil Boyce and William Baxter)
Good neighbour scheme: (Neil Boyce and William Baxter)
Media/information/website (Fiona Rowlands and the clerk)
Internal Finance: (The clerk as Responsible Financial Officer)
Governance & HR (Neil Boyce and the clerk)
Rural Services Network
Climate Change Action Group
S106 Projects co-ordination
- PLANNING and associated matters:
- Joint community Action Plan (standing item) – To note the contents of the approved JCAP remains unchanged since the last meeting and to consider any action required
- Neighbourhood planning (standing item) – To consider if any further action is required by, or related to the review of, the present NP.
- Status report – update on planning applications previously considered 2021/22 financial year.
- Planning Applications – to consider, as statutory consultees, planning applications received since the previous meeting.
- 22/00547/HHFUL – Castor Heights Peterborough Road – Construction of open walled pavilion
- Woodlands Development – to consider latest developments on plans for the Woodlands site
- Land and Allotments –
- Fallen Tree – To receive an update on Peterborough City Council removal of their tree fallen on Parish council Land.
- Parish Walk 30th april 2022 – To note the report of Cllr. William Baxter of the parish walk undertaken by Cllrs William Baxter, Richard Anker Fiona Rowland and Terry Young
- HIGHWAYS & Public Rights of Way –
- Observations from Councillors (if any).
- Community Matters:
- Joint Parish Liaison Group (JPLG) – To consider if any matters require a joint meeting with Ailsworth Parish Council and if so agree appropriate date and arrangements for that meeting
- Langdyke Trust Wildlife Recovery Project – update on progress (if available)
- Queens Platinum Jubilee – to consider any report on progress since the last meeting (if available and required)
- Commemorative Tree
- Castor in Bloom
- Beacon Project – organised by St Kyneburgha PCC
- Programme of events & Publicity – to note
- Insurance – subject to the response from Gallagher (came & Co)
- Standing Stones
- visibility and security update – To note the work carried out and consider appropriate measure to maintain the improvement
- Water Leak – To consider any update from Anglian Water
- Information boards – update on progress
- Play area Equipment maintenance – to note the Chairman’s action in reporting the roundabout to Kompan.
- Peterborough Parishes Conference – Environmental theme – to confirm attendees and castor PC involvement in display material (link to register for tickets)
- Castor and Ailsworth Fete – To consider the extent of Parish council involvement in this year’s fete
- Governance Matters:
- Financial Accounts – To receive the Financial Accounts for the Year Ended 31st March 2022.
- Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) – to approve the content of the Accounting Statement 2021/22 as declared in section 2 of the AGAR.
- Public rights of Inspection – To note that the Clerk as Responsible Financial Officer has set the dates for the period for the exercise of Public Rights of Inspections as Monday 13th June to Friday 22nd
- Internal Audit – To note the content of the report of the Internal Auditor as shown in the AGAR on
page 3 of 6 in that return& to approve the payment of the fee of £175 to David Lane
- Metro Bank Deposit Account – Up-date on the transition from 35 Day notice to 96 day notice on Deposit accounts
- Grants for Financial assistance – To consider the request of the Climate Change Action Group for a grant of £636 for the coming year.
- Clerks Salary – To note the annual Pay Award 2021/22 agreed by the National Association of Local Councils backdated to 1st April 2021 – To approve the chairman’s action in authorising implementing the pay award in full. (Minute 336 November 2020 refers)
- Society of Local Council Clerks (SLCC) – To note the benefits, to the parish council, of the Clerks membership and approve payment of the clerk’s affiliation fees circa £150
- To receive official announcements, correspondence of note, notices, or; reports from chairman, clerk, or councillors.
- Date of Next Meeting – To note a change of date of the next meeting Thursday 2nd June, 2022 to Thursday 9th June – because the scheduled date is a bank holiday and part of Queen Elizabeth 2nd Jubilee Celebrations.
JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 6th May 2022, 2022