Agenda 7th October 2021

Agendas Uploaded on October 2, 2021




JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL                                                    DATE 1st October, 2021


MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE MEETING OR ADDRESS THE PARISH COUNCIL ARE ADVISED TO NOTIFY THE CLERK IN ADVANCE (Preferably before mid-day of the day of the meeting) in order that appropriate facilities are made available:

NOTE – Covid restrictions will be applied to the number of persons in the hall at any one time. Although no one will be refused admittance, if numbers wishing to speak exceed the limit for the hall, a rota system will be implemented.

Members of the public are therefore advised to put their comments, observations or questions in writing to ensure that they may be taken in to account by the parish council in the event of difficulties in accessing, or remaining in, the meeting.




(Click on underlined hyperlinks to view background papers)


  1. Note attendance and receive apologies for absence.


  1. declarations of interest on items on this agenda and approve dispensations to members.


  1. Minutes of the previous meeting – To Consider a resolution to approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 2nd September, 2020.


  1. Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meetings (if Any) (Information Only).


  1. PUBLIC FORUM – Opportunity for public questions or presentations to the council –
  • Public participation is limited to items that appear on the agenda OR to request an item for a future agenda.
  • unless directed by the chairman, public participation shall be limited to 15 minutes with each person speaking for no longer than 5 minutes.


Parish council meetings are not public meetings they are meetings held in public


  1. PLANNING and associated matters:
    1. Joint community Action Plan (standing item) – To approve the updated draft Action Plan arising from the joint meeting with Ailsworth Parish Council held on 30th


  1. Neighbourhood planning (standing item) –

To consider if any further action is required by, or related to the review of, the present NP.


  1. Status report – update on planning applications previously considered this financial year.


  1. Planning Applications – to consider, as statutory consultees, planning applications received since the previous meeting. (Councillors should acquaint themselves with the details of each application prior to the meeting – click on blue underlined hyperlink to view).


  • 21/01299/FUL – Castor And Ailsworth Cricket Club Port Lane – Construction of a new cricket pavilion and demolition of the existing cricket pavilion


  • 21/01433/DISCHG – Old Mill, Mill Lane – Discharge of condition C10 (panel of pointing) pursuant to Listed Building Consent 20/00752/LBC


  • 21/01423/CTR – Verge Opposite 1 Clay – Prunus domestica – Crown shape away from building due to close proximity and to clear electricity cable. Crown lift to 5.5m over the highway. Sever and strip ivy and remove self set elderberry


  1. Woodlands Development – Update on matter related to the development – Cllr David (including report back on the Country Court Care Open day)


  1. Land and Allotments


  1. Land Management tendering arrangements – to consider Any tenders received at the time of the meeting (closing date 7th October)


  1. Tree Safety report – update on Ash Tree Safety


  1. Playground pathway – Chairman to report on update since the previous meeting


    1. Speed Indication Device – Anker to report progress and to report on formation of a Speedwatch group


  1. Parking issues update on progress on verge parking restrictions.(if any)


  1. Observations from Councillors (if any).


  1. Community Matters:
    1. Joint Parish Liaison Group (JPLG) – To consider report back from meeting held on 30th September
      • Climate Change – to consider parish council policy /strategy
      • Litter picking plans (if any)
      • Noise pollution – parachute aircraft – Process for logging nuisance occurrences
      • Skip Hire – to provide cover for the loss of City council garden waste service


  1. Langdyke Trust Wildlife Recovery Project – update on progress – Vice Chairman to report and to consider approval of further expenditure on the project if required.


  1. Village Tribune – consideration of Castor content for next issue


  1. Cricket Club Pavilion – Davies to report. – (see also planning applications),


  1. Village Hall Christmas Tree Budget – item requested by Cllr. Baxter


  1. Gunwade Ferry Gates – removal to storage update on progress


  1. A47 Dualling and cycleway provision – representation from Peterborough Cycle forum


  1. Governance Matters:
  • Clerk to report on External audit report
  • Notice of Conclusion of Audit
  • Receipts and Payments & Bank reconciliation for the half year to 30th September, 2021 (papers to follow by email to councillors).
  • C&A Community First Responder Team – to consider grant aid to the project
  • S106 Monies – to consider use of S106 Monies to be committed by 31st March 2022
  • Rural Marketing Town Group – Report back on quarterly meeting by Cllr. Davies and To consider an annual subscription fee £150



  1. To receive official announcements, correspondence of note, notices, or reports from chairman, clerk, councillors.


  1. Future agenda items


  1. Speedwatch – awaiting developments and training of volunteer group.
  2. celebrations committee – update of plans for 2022. (? Queens Platinum Jubilee June 2022)


  1. Date of Next Meeting – Thursday 4th November, 2021.



JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL                                                     DATE 1st October 2021 This agenda and supporting papers are available at or by request to the clerk