Agenda 4th May 2023
Uploaded on April 28, 2023
To: ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING OF CASTOR PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD in CASTOR PRIMARY SCHOOL on THURSDAY 4TH May 2023 at 7.15 PM FOR THE PURPOSE OF TRANSACTING THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS:
JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 28TH APRIL 2023
Please note that the Annual Parish Meeting will be held at 7.00 pm immediately before this meeting of the parish council. In the unlikely event that the parish meeting extends beyond 15 minutes this meeting will be delayed to permit the Annual Parish meeting to Properly conclude all business of that meeting.
(Click on underlined hyperlinks to view background papers)
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN of the Parish Council for the forthcoming year
- DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE –To receive the chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office (or if not then received to decide when it shall be received)
- ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN of the Parish Council for the forthcoming year
- apologies for absence – To note attendance and receive apologies for absence.
- declarations of interest on items on this agenda and approve dispensations to members (If appropriate).
- Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meetings (if Any) (Information Only).
- PUBLIC FORUM – Opportunity for public questions or presentations to the council
|· Public participation is limited to items that appear on the agenda OR to request an item for a future agenda.
· unless directed by the chairman, public participation shall be limited to 15 minutes with each person speaking for no longer than 5 minutes.
public participation beyond the public forum is not normally permitted Parish council meetings are not public meetings; they are meetings held in public
- REVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND REPRESENTATION ON, OR WORK WITH, EXTERNAL BODIES (previous allocations in brackets)
Land and tree matters: (Neil Boyce and William Baxter)
Neighbourhood Planning: (Fiona Rowlands, and David Shaw)
Parish Liaison: (Neil Boyce and the clerk) incl. PCC Scrutiny (Neil Boyce)
Allotments: (Neil Boyce, Terry Young and Richard Anker)
School Liaison & Children & Young People: (Jane Greene)
Village Hall: (Richard Anker)
Northey & Wright Charity: (William Baxter)
Police Matters: (Richard Anker)
Caspra: (Neil Boyce)
Council & church cohesion: (Neil Boyce and William Baxter)
Good neighbour scheme: (Neil Boyce and William Baxter)
Media/information/website (Fiona Rowlands and the clerk)
Internal Finance: (The clerk as Responsible Financial Officer)
Governance & HR (Neil Boyce and the clerk)
Rural Services Network (Steve Davies)
Climate Change Action Group (Neil Boyce)
S106 Projects co-ordination (Fiona Rowlands)
- PLANNING and associated matters:
- Joint community Action Plan (standing item) – To note the contents of the approved JCAP remains unchanged since the version approved at the last meeting and to consider any action now required.
- Neighbourhood planning (standing item) – To consider if any further action is required by, or related to the review of, the present NP.
- Status report – update on planning applications previously considered by the parish council
- Planning Applications – to consider, as statutory consultees, planning applications received since the previous meeting.
- Woodlands Development – to consider latest known status of plans for the Woodlands site
- Land and Allotments –
- Appeal – To consider the appeal of an allotment holder against the decision of the parish council to require removal of dome structure.
- Parish Councillors Observations – To consider any other Land & Allotment related Observations from Parish councillors.
- HIGHWAYS & Public Rights of Way – Clay Lane/Cow Lane Byway – to note the response from Peterborough City Council on Parish Council request for clarification
- Community Matters:
- Joint Parish Liaison Group (JPLG) – to note that the draft agenda will include Defibrillator VETS at the request of Ailsworth PC and at the suggestion of John Hodder defer further consideration of the agenda to the June meeting
- Langdyke Trust Wildlife Recovery Project – to consider a further update (if any)
- Standing Stones
- Information boards – update on progress (If any)
- Castor and Ailsworth Fete – To consider the extent of Parish council involvement in this year’s fete
- Governance Matters:
- Internal Audit – To note the content of the report of the Internal Auditor as shown in the AGAR on
page 3 of 6 in that return & to approve the payment of the fee to David Lane
- Financial Accounts – To receive the Financial Accounts for the Year Ended 31st March 2022.
- Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) – to approve the content of the Accounting Statement 2022/23 as declared in section 2 of the AGAR.
- Public rights of Inspection – To note that the Clerk as Responsible Financial Officer has set the dates for the period for the exercise of Public Rights of Inspections as Monday 5th June to Friday 14th July.
- To receive official announcements, correspondence of note, notices, or; reports from chairman, clerk, or councillors.
- Future agenda items
- Review of Cricket Club Lease
- Date of Next Meeting – scheduled to take place on 1st June 2023 in the Cedar Centre
JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 28th April 2023