To: ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING OF CASTOR PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD in the Cedar Centre on Thursday 2nd September at 7.30PM FOR THE PURPOSE OF TRANSACTING THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS:
JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 27th August, 2021
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE MEETING OR ADDRESS THE PARISH COUNCIL ARE ADVISED TO NOTIFY THE CLERK IN ADVANCE (Preferably before mid-day of the day of the meeting) in order that appropriate facilities are made available:
NOTE – Covid restrictions will be applied to the number of persons in the hall at any one time. Although no one will be refused admittance, if numbers wishing to speak exceed the limit for the hall, a rota system will be implemented.
Members of the public are therefore advised to put their comments, observations or questions in writing to ensure that they may be taken in to account by the parish council in the event of difficulties in accessing, or remaining in, the meeting.
(Click on underlined hyperlinks to view background papers)
- Note attendance and receive apologies for absence.
- declarations of interest on items on this agenda and approve dispensations to members.
- Minutes of the previous meeting – To Consider a resolution to approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 1st July, 2020.
- Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meetings (if Any) (Information Only).
- PUBLIC FORUM – Opportunity for public questions or presentations to the council –
- Public participation is limited to items that appear on the agenda OR to request an item for a future agenda.
- unless directed by the chairman, public participation shall be limited to 15 minutes with each person speaking for no longer than 5 minutes.
Parish council meetings are not public meetings they are meetings held in public
- PLANNING and associated matters:
- Joint community Action Plan (standing item) – To approve the updated draft Action Plan arising from the joint meeting with Ailsworth Parish Council.
To consider if any further action is required by, or related to the review of, the present NP.
- Status report – update on planning applications previously considered this financial year.
- Planning Applications – to consider, as statutory consultees, planning applications received since the previous meeting. (Councillors should acquaint themselves with the details of each application prior to the meeting – click on blue underlined hyperlink to view).
- 21/01157/CTR – The Cedars 32 Peterborough Road – various works as per a schedule appended to the application
- 21/01047/CTR – 9 High Street – T1 Walnut – Fell (already decided 4th August) – listed on this agenda for completeness.
- 21/00882/WCPP – WOODLANDS – Removal of condition C21 (staff apartments) pursuant to planning permission 19/01507/FUL and removal of condition C20 (staff apartments) pursuant to planning permission 20/00627/WCPP
- 21/01264/CTR – Village Manor, 48 Peterborough Road – Cherry (red) crown raise to 3.5m
Laburnum (blue) 35% of the crown is already dead, remove tree.
- 21/01301/CTR – 12 High Street – Magnolia (T1) crown reduction by 1m and Apple (T2) reduce top by 2m & pull in sides by half a meter
- Woodlands Development – Update on matter related to the development – Cllr David (including noting the Country Court Care Open day)
- Land and Allotments –
- Thorolds Paddock – update on 5 year lease by Mr Nelson
- Allotment Lane Bollard – update if required
- Land Management tendering arrangements – to consider which contractors to invite to tender and Cllr. Davies to report on any land management issues.
- Tree Safety report – to consider the extent to which work has been carried out or amended
- Playground pathway – to consider the quotes from Resin Installations for a range of options for upgrading the pathway – Chairman to report
- update on parish issues raised with PCC – raised with James Collingridge and site visit.
- Speed Indication Device – Anker to report progress.
- Parking issues update on progress on verge parking restrictions.
- Observations from Councillors (if any).
- Community Matters:
- Joint Parish Liaison Group (JPLG) – To approve draft agenda for 30th September
- Langdyke Trust Wildlife Recovery Project – update on progress – Vice Chairman to report and to consider approval of further expenditure on the project if required.
- Village Tribune – consideration of Castor content.
- Cricket Club Pavilion – Davies to report. –
- C&A Community First Responder Team – Fund Raising Poster
- Assets of Community Value – To consider and Approve the content of the completed application forms for submission to Peterborough city council
- Governance Matters: Clerk to report incl. feedback from auditors (if any).
- To receive official announcements, correspondence of note, notices, or reports from chairman, clerk, councillors.
- Future agenda items –
- Speedwatch – awaiting developments and training of volunteer group.
- celebrations committee – update of plans for 2022. (? Queens Platinum Jubilee June 2022)
- Date of Next Meeting – Thursday 7th October, 2021.
JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 27th August 2021 This agenda and supporting papers are available at www.castor-pc.gov.uk or by request to the clerk