• Agenda 8th April 2021 (212 kB)

    To: ALL MEMBERS OF THE COUNCIL
    YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND A MEETING OF CASTOR PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD by video conferencing on the ZOOM platform on THURSDAY 8th April AT 7.30PM FOR THE PURPOSE OF TRANSACTING THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS:

    JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 31st March, 2021

    MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO WISH TO ATTEND THE MEETING OR ADDRESS THE PARISH COUNCIL ARE ADVISED TO NOTIFY THE CLERK IN ADVANCE TO ENSURE THAT THEY ARE PROVIDED WITH A LINK TO THE MEETING – no later than mid day on the day of the meeting
    Members of the public are advised to put the comments, observations or questions in writing to ensure that they may be taken in to account by the parish council in the event of difficulties in accessing the meeting

    AGENDA
    (Click on underlined hyperlinks to view background papers)

    1. Note attendance and receive apologies for absence.

    2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST on items on this agenda and approve dispensations to members.

    3. MINUTES of the previous meeting – To Consider a resolution to approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 4th March, 2020

    4. Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meetings (if Any) (Information Only)

    5. PUBLIC FORUM – Opportunity for public questions or presentations to the council –
    • Public participation is limited to items that appear on the agenda OR to request an item for a future agenda.
    • unless directed by the chairman, public participation shall be limited to 15 minutes with each person speaking for no longer than 5 minutes.

    PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS ARE NOT PUBLIC MEETINGS THEY ARE MEETINGS HELD IN PUBLIC

    6. PLANNING and associated matters:
    a) Joint community Action Plan (standing item) – Progress report and to confirm draft amendments from JPLG Meeting in March 2021

    b) Neighbourhood planning (standing item) –
    To consider any further action required by, or related to the review of, the present NP

    c) Status report – update on planning applications previously considered this Financial year.

    d) Planning Applications – to consider, as statutory consultees, planning applications received since the previous meeting (members should acquaint themselves with the details of each application prior to the meeting – click on blue underlined hyperlink to view).

    i 21/00315/CTR – Hill House Mill Lane – Works to trees as per application form. 92/00012/TPO and 94/00008/TPO

    ii 21/00320/CTR – 33 Peterborough Road – Fell Pine tree located end of driveway

    e) Woodlands Development – Update on matter related to the development – Cllr David Shaw

    7. LAND AND ALLOTMENTS –
    a) Tree Condition report – To consider quotes received in pursuance of the decision made at the previous meeting to seek quotes from three tree surgeon companies.

    b) Tweentowns Drainage – Chairman & Cllr Baxter to report on advice sought and quotations received since the previous meeting

    c) Water supply & meter inspection chambers – Tweentowns & Allotments – to authorise the chairman to procure and install new inspection chamber and cover for the Castor PC supply and Meter within an estimated budget of £250. To authorise the continued discussion with Ailsworth PC with the objective of a like arrangement for the Tweentowns sub meter inspection chamber and an above ground remote duplicate meter display.

    d) Thorolds Paddock – to consider any sealed bids received by the clerk for a 5 year lease of the land as requested at the previous meeting

    e) Swim Run Event – To consider approval of the use of parish council land for the event planned for 20th June 2021.

    f) Allotment Lane Bollard and vehicular access restrictions – to approve the replacement of a bollard and arrangements for restricting vehicular access

    8. HIGHWAYS
    a) update on parish issues raised with PCC – raised at the meeting with James Collingridge and site visits.

    b) Speed Indication Device – Cllr. Anker to report progress

    c) Parking issues update on progress on verge parking restrictions (if any)

    d) Observations from Councillors (if any)

    9. COMMUNITY MATTERS:

    a) Joint Parish Liaison Group (JPLG) – To note and approve the draft Notes of the joint meeting with Ailsworth Parish Council on 17th March

    b) Future Burial Provision Castor and Ailsworth – to approve the next steps in identifying and if necessary acquiring suitable land.

    c) Langdyke Trust Wildlife Recovery Project – update on progress – Vice Chairman to report. and to consider approval of further expenditure on the project

    d) Village Tribune – current status

    e) Assets of Community Value – Cllr Surgeon to report on the meeting of the working group to progess the parish council applications for registration.

    f) Telephone Box – resident request to Cllr. Rowlands for the Parish Council to again consider purchase from BT (note on sale for £1 per linked article)

    10. GOVERNANCE MATTERS:
    a) Annual Governance return – To consider the responses to the annual governance statement in the Annual Governance and Accounting Return (AGAR)
    b) Internal audit – clerk to report on progress
    .
    11. TO RECEIVE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS, correspondence of note, notices, or reports from chairman, clerk, councillors.

    12. FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS – matters currently on hold

    a) Speedwatch – to progress when Covid-19 restrictions lifted
    b) Play equipment – Official opening (along with Community Allotment) –
    c) celebrations (in lieu of V E Day May 2020) deferred to 2021

    13. Date of Next Meeting – 6th May 2021 (probably the last meeting permitted to be held remotely on Zoom)

    JOHN HASTE, CLERK TO THE COUNCIL DATE 30th March 2021
    This agenda and supporting papers are available at www.castor-pc.gov.uk or by request to the clerk

  • June 2020 Agenda (259 kB)

  • May 2020 Agenda (254 kB)